Responsible for managing mid to large scale projects that have impact to company revenues. Provide leadership to project teams consisting of business and IT professionals who are engaged in planning and implementing solutions that are projects of all sizes and complexities. Provide mentoring to project management team members is also an essential responsibility of this role to ensure the team is maturing on their project skills and capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure project scope and costs are agreed upon by the stakeholders
- Coordinate business requirements gathering, documentation and stakeholder approval
- Prepare project plan(s) and implementation schedule(s): ensure the project plan includes all stakeholder requirements and the nine areas of knowledge from Project Management Body of Knowledge®
- Conduct internal and vendor inquiries pertaining to the development of technology or information systems to meet current and projected business needs
- Coordination of RFI/RFPs with third parties, project and internal IT procurement team
- Provide regular report updates to all stakeholders and project sponsors, including status updates, milestone information and risk and issue information
- Active problem solving: recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identifies and implements alternative solutions
- Serve as escalation point for project risks and issues
- Provide guidance on team activity through leadership and support towards goals
- Work independently for projects of any size, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Master the ability to influence teams without direct authority
- Recommend, prepare and conduct training whenever it is necessary
- Manage change control processes and is responsible for overall project execution
- Maintain a good working relationship with all level of stakeholders including executives, customers and vendors
- Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
PREFERRED SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Working knowlege of project management and Agile scrum
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma concepts
- Acquire knowledge and experience in manufacturing information system/ shop floor system/ MES
- Acquire knowledge and experience in manufacturing processes
- Experience in implementing IT solution to large and cross site organization, especially on MES/ shop floor system development & implementation
- Must be influential and have the skills to lead a team in highly matrixed environment
- Skills to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills to manage projects in parallel
- Fluency and strong written skill in English and Chinese are essential
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree + 8 years of experience, or Masters + 6 years of related experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience actively leading IT projects of medium size and/or scope with complex matrixed teams.
- PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification or equivalent is highly preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.