***Pay rates start at $18.00.***
The overall responsibilities of this position include inspection of in-house and vendor purchased products, and raw materials and services; inspection of packaging and labeling materials used for medical device. This also may include performing DHR review and “Release to Branch Plant” functions including document verification and recording incoming inspection inventory.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.)
Essential Functions required of all Inspectors are described below:
- Inspects incoming, in process and finished products and material for visual, mechanical, and dimensional characteristics, using inspection sheets and applicable sampling plans.
- Prepares necessary documentation and insures paperwork compliance on all inspected items.
- Assist in the training of co-workers in new or improved techniques in areas of experience.
- Assists in identification and segregation of non-conforming materials / products.
- Works from inspection documentation, specifications, blue prints, written and verbal instruction.
- Performs “Roving Auditor” function involving inspection of product in a Manufacturing Flow Cell.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
DHR Review Function:
- Performs Device History Review Inspection and final release of product to inventory control / warehouse.
- Performs filing and supports the imaging and verification process for Device History Records and other Quality System documentation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor.
- Communicate issues arising from daily builds and field reports that should be reviewed by a supervisor or engineer and being able to prioritize multiple tasks.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) courses.
- One year experience utilizing inspection techniques in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Experience with Microsoft PC applications.
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems.
Ability to read and interpret measuring instruments, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, plug gauges, hardness testers, etc. Proficient math skills, color verification and good hand/eye coordination. Ability to communicate and work with various functional groups in a team environment. Ability to learn PC applications required. High level of concentration and attention to detail required ensuring products are properly labeled and packaged according to internal quality requirements.
Quality inspectors will be required to wear appropriate safety gear such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, beard cover, hair cover, shoe cover, and gown cover. Inspectors are not allowed to have any type of listening device in their ear(s). Environment may be warm due to the PPE that the inspector is required to wear. Noise level is generally moderate.
Lifting weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis. Must be able to stand for scheduled work hours, if necessary.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $10.06 - $14.58 - $19.10. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.