The Sr Principal Engineer – Cost Estimator, is a master expert who can derive the required injection mold solution for a given plastic part through multiple internal and external means. Core to this leadership role is the assessment of all incoming opportunities. It starts with reviewing the submitted RFQ data then guiding our team as needed in developing the right questions to ask to determine and verify we have an accurate project scope, understanding of key deliverables, and what’s critical for the customer. Upon verification they develop or lead development of a concept and solution proposal that’s appropriate for the opportunity. This can vary from a one hour task completed individually or a month(s) long effort involving a cross functional team of internal and external resources.
· Gather all the required project information, to create a preliminary project scope statement that includes project deliverables.
· Review project scope and deliverables with business development to confirm accuracy. Provided the opportunity meets our filter requirements complete the solution development process focused on winning the project and delivering with excellence
· Be responsible for the assessment on business fit of new customers and opportunities. Recognize the difference between stretch and leap and the associated risks when costing business on the fringes or outside our core capabilities. While some levels of shift and stretch can be positive it has to be considered carefully and with full agreement from senior management.
· During the solution development process engage with business development and the customer to clarify deliverables and success requirements, brainstorm options, confirm what is viewed as most important, review for unspoken needs and value adding differentiators and create the compelling reason that makes NyproMold the obvious best choice for the project
· Review the communicated expectations of project success requirements and assess the level of risk to achieve success using our normal process. When there are elevated risks, high complexities, and or significant gaps in important information, take appropriate steps to protect NyproMold by firstly reducing risks with customer through mediation. If unsuccessful, use estimates and clarify what’s included/what’s not. Use the journey or mission scenario achieve a cost plus setup.
· Initiate solution development reviews for opportunities considered core (highly desired) or in our target growth area. Gather internal and external resources as needed to concept and develop world class solutions. Determine if and what type and level of ESI is warranted and if internal or external funding should be required for ESI.
· Maintain an excellent working relationship and consistently support the Business Development, Director of Program management, and NyproMold Operations Managers, recognizing your interdependence on each other and how that relates to both your and the company’s mutual success.
· Regularly review records on project profitability. Use this information as a management tool for pricing and action plans when pricing new opportunities
· Stay abreast of changes in market including material and labor costs and adjust costing accordingly
· Promote the importance of providing excellent service to our customers, solving problems for them, adding value, and making their customer experience with NyproMold a positive one.
· Participate in the senior management long term planning process completing, providing strategic input on market trends, business conditions, industry changes and market initiatives.
· Participate in major business decisions regarding all aspects of our service offerings and strategic directions related to staying relevant to customers and creating compelling reasons for customers to choose NyproMold.
· Actively maintain a quoting log and provide regular updates to the Business Development and Senior Management team on quotation activities
· Ensure an effective succession plan for the quoting/solution development function to ensure activity continuity
· Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, change management, sales quota structuring and revenue expectations.
· Strong financial and analytical ability.
· Significant client interaction and conflict management experience, and ability to lead conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes.
· Demonstrated capability of effective communication skills to all levels in the organization
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or an appropriate business-related equivalent experience and training.
· 15 plus years’ business experience in a relevant position or equivalent work experience, including at least 5 years’ experience in a management role.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.