The Supply Chain Program Manager I serves as a point of contact for Supply Chain activities for assigned design initiatives. This role, in conjunction with other assigned SCPM's, is responsible for the Supply Chain deliverables identified in the Product Creation Process (PCP). This position includes situational analysis, strategy development, guidance and implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, and logistics. These strategies should support the individual program's needs and be complementary to Jabil's overall Supply Chain Management goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for Supply Chain deliverables identified in the Product Creation Process (PCP)
· Performs situational analysis, strategy development, guidance and implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, and logistics
· Performs Design For Manufacturability (DFM) reviews prior to design release for a variety of custom engineered applications.
· Performs cost estimating on a variety of custom engineered materials (sheet metal, stage/progressive die, machining, plastic injected molded) along with estimating applicable tool costs.
· In collaboration with mechanical design engineers, assists in determining the most cost effective manufacturing process for a variety of custom mechanical applications.
· Assists with on-site supplier evaluations to determine supplier manufacturing capability to support various custom mechanical manufacturing processes.
· Supports coordination of Supply Chain activities for all phases of PCP execution.
· Maintains the periodic materials quotation activities for relative Commodities and assists in executing the RFQ as appropriate for the program.
· Helps identify and facilitate the qualification of new, alternate and/or localized suppliers for key applicable needs relative to program requirements
· Assists with negotiating favorable pricing, payment terms, and advanced supply chain optimization programs such as supplier-owned inventory, Just-in-Time delivery schedules, reduced lead times and cancellation terms, return privileges, and EDI/SIS demand communication with key suppliers falling outside JABIL'S strategic supplier base
· In collaboration with Commodity Management, assists with managing the effort to obtain full commodity and sourcing control of BOM and AVL in the design phase
· Through early design involvement and qualification of alternate suppliers on existing products, promotes the use of Jabil's Strategic Suppliers
· Executes Jabil's Early Supplier Involvement program
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge or experience working with budgets as well as project management skills including scheduling and resource allocation forecasting.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Proficient knowledge of various software applications including Pro-Engineer, Solid Works, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to read and speak English.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline
· Six to Eight years related experience
· Experience in a design, product launch environment preferred
· Solid understanding of electronics manufacturing and materials management is requiredThis job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.