Industrial Engineer II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Industrial Engineer II will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project team member implementing projects that will eliminate waste, through the standard Industrial Engineering process
o This will include but is not limited to: Capital Equipment Requests, Capabilities Studies, Plant Layouts, Tool Design, and Standard Work
· Develop Time standards for process steps to be used in the Product-Process-Time database (IEDB)
· Gather and analyze Industrial Engineering metrics for assigned customer or area
· Coordinate layout and facility move(s) for assigned customer or area(s)
· Collect, analyze and review IEDB data to insure accuracy and compliance with the standard process
· Monitor the SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations and insure compliance with the standardized system configurations
· Gather and/or develop data for quotes
· Coach, mentor and train engineers within the Industrial Engineering team
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
· Insure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities, and workstation design, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong analytical ability
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.