ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· This is a highly visible position responsible for minimizing site infrastructure down time, maximizing productivity and ensuring consistent site quality and safety. A team of mechanical & facilities support staff reports into this position in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
· This is a very hands-on position which the successful candidate will possess a wide breadth of knowledge of all facility and equipment systems, including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, plumbing, HVAC with chillers, Purified Water systems, Waste Treatment operations, Compressed Air systems, automation controls and Cleanroom operations.
· Facility Supervisors also manages the Janitorial maintenance personnel for all spaces within and up to the boundary of the facility. This candidate will also supervise the Security team of the campus, the landscaping needs, the efficient performance of the building operation systems, the replacement of indoor and outdoor lighting, and minor structural repairs.
· This candidate must Champion a safe work environment.
· Oversees and coordinates daily production support activities, to deliver on business unit objectives.
· Coordinates with Operations Leadership, Engineering, Machine Maintenance and Planners to ensure safe, predictable manufacturing processes, to achieve world class reliability performance.
· Ensures compliance with all OSHA and corporate policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Execute process improvement projects on a timely basis and within budget constraints.
. Acts as the Project Manager and actively participates on equipment installs & integration, maintenance, repairs, adjustments, troubleshooting, and inspections.
· Ensures maintenance and repair activities are completed by planning work orders & labor allocation, and by resolving issues to support production goals
. Coordinate with outside vendors for service and repairs from initiating calls, to scheduling, to project completion.
· Serves as point-of-contact and responsible person for emergency calls outside regular work hours
· Organizes and supervises daily maintenance functions for the plants including equipment, tools, facilities (fire protection/security) and grounds to support production goals
· Reviews the need for and requests tools, equipment, and supplies necessary to perform duties.
· Prepare and manage department budgets. Track performance to meet financial objectives. Monitor the quality of services and continuously improve processes using Operational Excellence tools and techniques.
· Proactively identify facility improvements, and create action plans to bring those improvements into fruition.
· Maintain daily communication with leadership team of new and ongoing maintenance projects.
· Allocate workload requirements and supervise team members; providing training and lead best practices for staff.
· Serve as the department liaison for contractors and vendors.
· Strong knowledge of state and regional logistics operations and industry standards.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company profitability.
· Strong knowledge of the difference between direct and indirect costs.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in the use of personal computers, using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail Outlook required. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time, along with walking, standing, climbing ladders, reaching, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· HS Diploma or GED required and an AS/BS degree in Facilities Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or E&M Building is strongly preferred.
· 5 years of progressive responsibility, with experience in leadership rolls, with managing manufacturing maintenance and repair staff, and working in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
· Possess strong Leadership skills in team building, execution, customer focus, communication, and organization.
· Strong equipment troubleshooting and repair history is a must.
· Experience developing and maintaining awareness of occupational hazards & safety precautions
· Strong attention to detail & troubleshooting/problem solving skills and effective multitasking skills
· Ability to work extended hours (including weekends) as needed by projects.
· Clear verbal & written communication skills
· Manages proper maintenance & facilities staffing for a 24/7 operation, including selection, coaching, mentoring, training, staff evaluation/performance management.
· Oversees and fosters a Safety Culture by following all company safety policies and protocols & maintaining regulatory compliance with all local, state, and federal requirements.
· Manage and modify the preventative maintenance (PM) program and identifies systems and procedures designed to improve operations.
· Plan and direct the scheduling of assigned Capital funded projects.
· Write clear and precise funding proposals for new capital projects. Create timelines, schedules and oversee approved facilities projects.
· Works with a variety of 3rd party vendors to complete electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, and other required maintenance.
· Creates multi-shift staff schedules and schedule/approve PTO based upon company needs.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management
The anticipated pay range for this role is $54,746 - $79,222 - $103,810. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.