At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
General Summary or Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of inspection methods, Quality instructions, and inspection sampling plans to customer and Jabil’s specifications.
- Works in coordination with the Program Managers, Quality Leadership and Technicians to assure product compliance to customer specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Implements/coordinates implementation of product and process changes managed according to change procedure.
- Responsible for investigating and recommending solutions to quality problems.
- Provide leadership and initiative to QS organization through continuous improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and/or design sampling plans and process control plans for lot acceptance and control processes.
- Study the effectiveness of inspection activities.
- Design means for measuring accuracy and documenting of inspection work.
- Evaluate and recommend inspection gauges and test equipment. Investigate causes of sporadic defects.
- Provide consultation services to Quality Systems and Manufacturing departments.
- Implement process control systems.
- Provide technical support for process, component, product, gauges, equipment, software, validations as required.
- Provide technical support for new product transfer, developing systems for new processes as required.
- Establish and maintain appropriate documentation as required for Quality Systems activities.
- Investigate identified quality problems to determine root cause and corrective actions needed. (Non-Conforming Material Reports-NCMR's, Customer Complaints, Supplier Corrective Actions Reports, CAPA’s).
- Maintains and reports on trend information on internal/external failures and issues recommendations for corrective actions, as necessary
- Support manufacturing in analyzing manufacturing product lines to determine how or where within the manufacturing or inspection process, the root cause of non-conformances or customer complaints exist.
- Execute Statistical Analysis that includes, but not limited to: ANOVA, DOE, Weibull, GR&R, Capability, FMEAKT and SPC as required.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- Provides technical support on Supplier Quality Management
- Provides regular updates to Quality and Work Cell Leadership on the execution of the strategy.
- Provides support for NPI activities by participation in the Raw Material Incoming Inspection process as required.
- Ensures that all production supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions are implemented.
- Defines and develops the appropriate Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods via inspection aids and instruction guidelines and trains the Receiving Inspection Auditors.
- Responsible for the ongoing site suppliers’ evaluation by using site information collected from Receiving and Incoming areas.
- Maintains the Incoming Inspection database and by liaison efforts with customer work cells. Performance will be reported internally, to the supplier, and to the Work Cell where applicable.
- Reviews all supplier discrepancies. Coordinates and tracks the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Leads SCAR – Supplier Corrective/Preventive Action and Raw Materials’s Non-Conforming Reports, process for problem resolution and continuous improvement, including critical analysis of supplier DOE (Design of Experiment), CPK (Process Capability Index), Gauge R&R (Repeatability and Reproducibility) studies.
- Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs or manufacturability to all affected departments.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Incoming Quality operation activities, assuring the correct execution of quality tests for raw material release.
- Excellent technical written and oral skills and the ability to organize and follow up on multiple priorities.
- Able to make solid decisions that will effectively support the business and company policies.
- Strong Root Cause Analysis expertise
- Able to work in a self-paced environment
- Team player.
- Project Management
- Geometrical Dimension and Tolerancing
- Statistical Techniques Applications for Analysis
- Able to understand application of regulatory requirements to the business.
- Able to analyze and develop quality methods. Responsible for writing clear and concise protocols, study reports, and procedures.
- This position requires consistent involvement with and knowledge of changes in medical devices associated regulations and standards.
- Aptitude to respond to shifting priorities through appropriate realignment of required tasks.
- Skilled in use of PC based systems including, but not limited to statistical analysis, word processing, inventory management, quality system, non-conforming product systems and data base management
- PCBA Handling and Sterilization Process knowledge desired
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related engineering field preferred
- Fully bilingual (oral and written) required
- Minimum of three years of experience on automated or semi-automated medical assemblies medical, medical devices process validations, and new product introduction.
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- Expertise and knowledge working with IPC A-610 standard, certification preferred
- Certified or Licensed Engineer by CIAPR
- Certified as Quality Engineer by ASQ preferred
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.