Develop and implement supply chain strategies and optimize the overall cost of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement Jabil Supply Chain (SCM) strategies.
- Develop supply base and supply chain strategies for Business Unit Strategic materials.
- Ensure materials availability to support customer requirements through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production.
- Influence customer’s supply chain strategies to leverage those of Jabil. Initiate RFQ activity with Material Quotation Analysts (MQAs), analyze the results and make recommendations to the customer that justify AML / sourcing changes to Jabil Strategic and BU Strategic Suppliers.
- Improve sourcing options and maximize cost efficiency by working with Jabil’s internal resources and production facilities, as well as the customer’s engineering and procurement staff, to incorporate Jabil qualified and/or strategic suppliers on the customer’s Approved Manufacturer’s List (AML).
- Issue Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements.
- Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers/customers.
- Lead efforts to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
- Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers.
- Optimize overall cost of materials.
- Monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery and quality performance. Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
- Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality, and service.
- Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
- Ensure execution of Jabil pricing and terms & conditions agreements such as World Wide Purchasing Agreements that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil.
- Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable Purchase Price Variance (PPV)/MPV.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline, and three to Eight years’ experience in electronics manufacturing and materials planning is preferred.
- Certification by a related professional organization (such as APICS and NAPM) is preferred.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.