Jabil is looking for an experienced Test Engineer to become part of its growing Test Development team. As a Test Development Engineer, you will be required to take ownership of assigned projects, developing test strategies, test plans, test hardware and automation software, as well as implementation of the test solutions at the desired manufacturing site or in design verification lab.
You will work closely with customers and Jabil’s extended cross-functional teams (design, test, manufacturing, PMO, Quality) to deliver design and manufacturing test solutions.
You will be a strong team player and play a critical part in defining future test strategies for the Test Development Engineering team at Jabil.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop manufacturing and design verification test plans for PCBA’s supporting systems used for Semiconductor manufacturing processes. Analyze test plans generated by customers and by other Jabil groups from the test coverage, test time and cost efficiency standpoint. Evaluate new test methods and strategies to help customers improve efficiency, quality and reduce cost.
- Develop test equipment solutions for Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment PCBA’s using both off-the-shelf equipment and custom designed hardware (test fixtures, test PCBAs). Work closely with test equipment vendors as well as with test hardware developers on defining, designing, developing and optimizing test hardware solutions.
- Develop test automation scripts for volume manufacturing functional test
- Develop test plans and test solutions for other products used in semiconductor manufacturing industry
- Provide support to Jabil's global manufacturing test engineering teams by working closely with them on manufacturing test solution development, optimization, implementation and support. Travel globally to Jabil's and customer's sites to support these activities.
- Generate the following types of documentation: test plans, test specifications, test hardware requirements and descriptions, test equipment lists, test procedures, debug/troubleshooting manuals, test capability presentations, etc.
- Train and mentor other test engineers, test/diagnostic technicians and test operators.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis /troubleshooting activities on NPI and volume product in test. Perform data analysis to find patterns and issues with product test performance.
- Work closely with Business Development teams on educating customers about Jabil's test capabilities and help Business Development secure new business opportunities. Assist in developing budgets and quotes for projects submitted to Business Unit Managers.
- Work with extended teams to develop project schedules and execute projects to completion
JOB QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with functional test of digital and analog PCBA’s.
- Experience with a broad range of standard test equipment used for PCBA level test: high speed scopes (e.g. digital communication analyzers), DMM’s, Ethernet switches, Data Acquisition cards, Frequency Generators/Counters, etc.
- Experience with developing test automation software/scripts using some or all the following languages: LabVIEW, C/C++, C#, Python. Experience with other programming languages is an asset.
- Experience with support of manufacturing sites, where semiconductor manufacturing equipment products are built and tested, is an asset. Good understanding of the end-to-end manufacturing test strategies (pre-FT, FT, ST, ESS) is also an asset. Good understanding of the differences between manufacturing test and design verification test is a valuable skill as well.
- Basic understanding of structural/manufacturing defects, which are typically observed on PCBAs, is a plus.
- Experience in developing cost effective test stations for volume manufacturing.
- Strong Root Cause Analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluent in the use of standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Works well within a team environment – a true team player!
- Self-starter, highly motivated and with strong desire of accountability and ownership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in test development engineering
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.