Responsible for environmental health and safety infrastructure at J&J Independencia facility. This role will manage a team of EHS professionals at the Independencia facility. Responsible for ensuring the local facility EHS operations are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS Standards. Partner with site leadership teams to establish and implement site Management Action Plan (MAP) in alignment with JJSC, R&D, and commercial strategic imperatives. Serve as Juarez campus process leader for environmental, safety, or ergonomics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Share responsibility with Independencia Plant Managers for EHS performance at the site.
• Partner with local management to develop and implement a site MAP to address EHS program deficiencies and ensure EHS regulatory compliance
• Harmonize environmental, safety, or ergonomics process across the Juarez campus creating leaner programs with optimized results.
• Develop EHS objectives for the site - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
• Manage site EHS professionals. Set and monitor goals/objectives/assignments, provide adequate coaching/counseling, develop and monitor employee development plans, and provide recommendations as part of the succession planning, appraisal, & salary planning process.
• Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
• Provides site management with ongoing consultation on EHS regulations and identify the impacts of changes to regulations on key business objectives.
• Develop and implement EHS training strategy for the site, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
• Support and facilitate site EHS teams to ensure implementation of the EHS program.
• Maintain ISO certifications (and other voluntary certifications) by ensuring site EHS management systems are aligned & maintained consistent with ISO and/or program standards.
• Collaborate with other functions to manage the contractor safety program.
• Follows and complies with all company safety policies, procedures and safety precautions within the work area.
• Ensures compliance with Environmental Management System (EMS) responsibilities
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Bilingual English/ Spanish
• Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene and chemical handling is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated project management skills are required and individual must have technical/working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations. Ability to lead and supervise team of professionals/technicians.
• Strong communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, planning, organizing, and time management skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills are required.
• Ability to influence management.
• Ability to provide support to multiple customers/business units.
• Ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner
• Ability to produce & maintain project schedules & budgets.
• Interfacing – associates & local, state & federal inspectors.
• Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
• Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment.
• Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• J&J Worldwide EHS data reporting and tracking systems.
• Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS function.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace.
• 6-8 years of EHS experience is required; extensive experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.