Ability to perform all duties of the Database Administrator and Database Analyst I & II and:
- Code, test and implement database design.
- Coordinate data development as part of project team.
- Review project requests.
- Develop technical requirements.
- Work within project teams – project management may change project
- Read and interpret work flow charts
- Create and modify Entity Relation Diagrams (ERD).
- Write description of logical database design.
- Develop database interfaces
- Describe database objects
- Create will performing designs.
- Design test scenarios.
- Create a data dictionary.
- Work with multiple data systems.
- Implement proper design types
- Work with object oriented developmental methods.
- Design multiple security models.
- Develop scripts.
- Work with source code control systems.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Align with product team on the system infrastructure design(on-prem, cloud, hybrid etc)
Co-work on the SRC review process
Co-work on designing/implement source repo branch policy across the teams
CI/CD pipeline development, testing and validation
Develop and maintain database purging/migration strategy and solution.
Assist database development/optimization including ETL, query, job schedule etc.
Run and maintain
Fast response and follow Jabil IT SLA to assist support team to resolve DCF supported system production issue
Perform first round of technical analysis and escalate issue to development team or vendor
Coordinate with GFSO & site team on the server maintenance, patching and migration
Monitoring system healthy
System upgrade & proliferation
Coordinate with site IT, development team and GFSO/GSO on the volume estimation and server sizing
Perform environment setup (staging & production)
Azure DevOps system management (Permission, team configuration etc.)
DCF Supported system monitoring (Server , OS etc.), log collection and analysis
Define the database standard for different DCF supported systems ( database backup retention policy, log retention policy etc.)
Collaborate with product team, as well as architectural team to standardize application servers sizing and specification.
Perform system heathy assessments
Standardize system setup for different scenarios (Scale, cert update etc)
Standardize system trouble shooting guide with support team
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.