Manually inspects completed plastics parts and packs them into boxes for shipping. Seals boxes, prints labels and stacks full boxes on pallets. Operates machines. Trains Inspector/Packer I’s. Operates in a safe manner and keeps work area clean and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· In process inspection: Inspection consists of frequent examination of the visual attributes of each product (discoloration, shorts, burns, contamination sinks, splay, delamination, etc.
· Records data: Any information regarding the product or the performance of his or her duties that is deemed necessary by management.
· Packing: Preparation includes transferring the product from catch bins or boxes into shipping containers, transporting the product to the shipping area, properly weighing, properly completing and affixing correct label to container using SAP, preparing and supplying new or used boxes to the molding presses and stacking finished product correctly on pallets
· Maintains work area: Keep production and packing area clean. This includes sweeping floors, picking up stray molded parts, removing dust, dirt, grease or oil from molding presses, and cleaning up oil or water spills and leaks.
· Operates Machines: Operation of manually operated molding presses will be required from time to time. Operation includes removing molded product and/or runners from the mold, packing product in bags, boxes or trays and correctly placing inserts into molds. Performs secondary operations such as reaming, trimming, facing and hot stamping.
· Trains new Inspector/Packer I employees.
· Sorts and Reworks: Sorting and/or reworking product that does not conform to the customer requirements. Properly documents and labels to identify the status of non-conforming product. Sampling and gaging of reject product may also be required.
· Fosters teamwork within the company: Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments.
· Completes all required training as assigned
· Conducts all job functions in a safe manner
· Complies with all applicable state and federal safety and environmental regulations. Uses appropriate safety equipment as required.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Math skills must be average or better
· Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
· Good color perception and good manual dexterity
· Ability to safely lift up to 35 lbs.
· Ability to work well with others at all levels
· Able to work in an orderly, logical manner while paying attention to each detail of responsibility
· Communicate verbally and in writing with a good command of the English language
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), SAP and e-mail skills preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.