At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
GOS Test Development technical positions all require similar types of activities, but the required level of technical expertise
increases with the higher level positions. A Lead Test Development Engineer is required to be able to perform medium to high
complexity engineering work. The types of work performed include development of test solution quotes, development of test
solutions, test crisis support and continuous improvement of core competency. The lead engineer is expected to lead smaller teams of
engineers in driving a project from concept to completion. The lead engineer is expected to work directly with the team’s project
managers in interfacing with the customers on a daily basis providing project status, identifying risks earlier and providing mitigation
or contingency plans. A lead engineer is also at times expected to architect test solutions from scratch based on BOM’s and must be a
domain expert on Storage and servers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically receives project-level direction from the project manager and the group manager
· Typically assigned to develop lead projects, architect solutions, test specifications and test solutions of medium to high
· Test solution development tasks are done according to budget and schedule commitments from the test solution quotes
· The tasks comprising a test solution development may include, but are not limited to, Design for Test (DFT), design, assembly,
debug, validation, deployment, and emergency support of electrical hardware, mechanical hardware, optical hardware and
· Electrical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
o Storage, Servers, GPIB, USB and RS-232 controlled equipment
o PXI and LXI based test equipment
o Design of custom circuitry implemented in custom circuit boards and cables
· Mechanical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
o Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) chamber racks
o Bench-test setups
o 19” equipment racks
o Custom automated high-throughput fixtures with probe fields, and top, bottom, and side mounted pneumatically
· Software and compilers typically includes, but is not limited to:
o Lab Windows/CVI, Lab View and Test Stand
o C#, ANSI C and Visual C++
o Visual Basic
o Assembly for Motorola and Intel microcontrollers and microprocessors
o HTML, PERL, ASP and custom scripting languages.
o Software for Agilent 3070, GenRad ICT and other MDA platforms
· Test development sites develop solutions for several test processes including, but not limited to:
o In-Circuit test (ICT) and Manufacturing Defect Analyzer (MDA)
o Boundary Scan/ JTAG
o Board-level functional test
o System test
· The process of developing test solutions includes, but is not limited to:
o Test development (OrCAD, AutoCAD, FabMaster and other software development tools listed above)
o Project tracking (action items, journals, time entry, milestones, and deliverables checklists)
o Test solution design guidelines (global fixture specification, schematic design requirements)
o Design reviews (Initial and post-installation)
o Documentation package templates (test specification, BOM’s, tester validation, etc…)
· Test solution quotes typically include, but are not limited to:
o Price and schedule commitment
o Hardware, Software and Documentation package description o Specification of tester validation criteria and required customer deliverables. · The process of developing test solution quotes includes, but is not limited to: o Use of the automated quote system and quote tools. o Completion of quotes on-schedule · Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy. · May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director or Test Engineering Manager.
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing employees, but rather leading projects with a few Test Development and Project
Engineers in it.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job
· Strong communications and customer service skills
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred.
· 8 to 10 years work-related experience required, preferably in the Storage and Computing domain.
· Minimum of 8 years experience required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to 25 %.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Sitting Up to 7 hour(s) per day Lifting Up to .5 hour(s) per day, up to 50 max. lbs.^
Walking Up to 2 hour(s) per day Pushing/Pulling Up to .5 hour(s) per day, up to 50 max. lbs^
Standing Up to 4 hour(s) per day Climbing: Up to .5 hour(s) per day
Bending/Squatting/Stooping Up to 1 hour(s) per day Stairs Up to .5 hour(s) per day
Reaching Up to 2 hour(s) per day Ladder Will not generally apply
Balancing Will not generally apply Step-stool Will not generally apply
Twisting Up to 1 hour(s) per day Excessive heat exposure Will not generally apply
Crawling Will not generally apply Excessive cold exposure Will not generally apply
Hands in water Will not generally apply Dust exposure Will not generally apply
Kneeling Up to 1 hour(s) per day Loud Noise exposure Will not generally apply
Data Entry/Typing Up to 4 hour(s) per day Humidity exposure Will not generally apply
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should
always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this job. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by
employees in this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract. Jabil Circuit, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.