Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) Ireland, Blanchardstown Dublin 15, are hiring an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join our expanding Quality Department. This role will be responsible for:
- Leading containment and resolution of supplier quality issues. To be a technical focal point to monitor and work supplier quality issues directly with the manufacturer and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs.
- Determining appropriate Inspection processes and directs IQC personnel, where applicable, in executing day to day activities.
- Evaluating supplier performance, drives supplier improvements and corrective actions through the Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR) process.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Review all supplier or customer discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
- Provide insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
- Defines, develops and implements Supply base strategies that drive improvements is supplier selection, development, and leverage across customer programs for quality improvements and cost savings.
- Provides regular updates to Quality Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Provides support for NPI activities by participation in the AQP process as required
- Ensures that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions are implemented.
- Defines and develops the appropriate Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods, directs Receiving Inspection Auditors
- Ensuring ongoing site supplier evaluation is performed. This would be achieved by using site information collected from Receiving Inspection, MRB, Customer Returns, SCAR database and by liaison efforts with customer work cells. Performance will be reported internally, to the supplier, and to the customer where applicable.
- Monitors and drives PPM issues with the supply base in addition to helping them achieve “Dock to Stock” certified with Jabil (in accordance to the vendor performance system).
- Leads SCAR – Supplier Corrective/Preventive Action process for problem resolution and continuous improvement, including critical analysis of supplier DOE, CPK, Gauge R&R studies
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Site RoHS subject Matter Expert
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Computer literate with intermediate / Advanced MS Office skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- BS/BA degree in Manufacturing Technology / Mechanical Engineering / Electronical / Electronics / Mechatronics. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- 3-5 years’ experience Quality Engineering or related within electronic manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.