At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Quality Technician III works with Manufacturing, Quality, and Quality Engineering to continuously improve quality performance ensuring compliance with quality standards. This role performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components and parts at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards, and to ensure effective inspection and testing procedures are implemented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With limited supervision, assures policies, procedures, inspection techniques and quality plans conform to established standards.
- Product level implementation for traceability software system
- Create software validation protocol and conduct testing
- Map all process stations and required characteristics
- Conduct training for all assembly, inspection, and test operators on use the tool
- Make modifications to the model based on ECN activity
- Make improvements to the tool to improve efficiency or quality reporting capabilities
- Understand Final assembly, test and inspection processes and determine expected defect types
- Performs complex analyses and tests of raw materials, packaging materials and/or finished products from manufacturing to ensure quality standards and compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Assures gauges are within the current calibration cycle and are properly used and stored. Arranges for repair of gauges as needed.
- Reviews Statistical Process Control (SPC) data. Maintains integrity of SPC data by correcting input errors and follows up with retraining of inspectors if needed.
- Works with QA supervisor or manager to maintain and update control limits in SPC files. Create new SPC files as needed.
- Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new standards, methods and procedures.
- Troubleshoots recurring defects and quality problems. Recommends disposition, modification and corrective actions for recurring or non-recurring discrepancies.
- May inspect, measure, and test parts in accordance with blueprints, product plan requirements or engineering sketches.
- May oversee instrument calibration system, performs measurements and related calibration tasks.
- Audits, maintains and generate accurate quality records, logs and reports.
- Ensures documentation and procedures are in compliance with customer specifications, industry standards and standard operating procedures.
- Works with all QA and Manufacturing personnel to achieve regulatory compliance.
- Maintain files for batch history records (BHR). Review BHR’s for completeness and accuracy. Fills out lot history closeout/Batch Release form. Work and follow up as needed with shipping to complete necessary information on Certificates of Compliance/analysis for product shipments.
- Assist Quality Engineer in use of statistical tools in the workcell.
- Assist Quality Engineer with Corrective and Preventive Actions
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of traceability software and how to implement in a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of electronic final assembly, test, and inspection steps and expected defects
- Experience as a trainer
- Experience with change management and taking those changes and updating software
- Continuous Improvement knowledge and use of tools to drive results
- Software trouble shooting experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred
- 4+ years related experience and/or training
- Experience certifying typical metrology equipment such as calipers, micrometers and computer controlled gauging equipment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.