A Value Engineering Component Engineer evaluates alternate low cost, high quality components. They analyze electrical and electro-mechanical components and BOM’s for supply chain risk, adherence to corporate strategy, cost and with obsolescence consideration. They understand design requirements and determine options for optimization, assesses impact to design cost, and risk for implementation.
Must be knowledgeable across electrical part commodities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and provides technical support for new and existing designs including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
- Analyzes the latest technology and techniques to provide competitive and cost-effective solutions.
- Evaluates primary and alternate components with little to no supervision.
- Works with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in quoting.
- May be responsible for directing the Component Engineer I and Technicians on their assigned projects.
- Applies knowledge of tools and supply chain information in collaborating with design engineering.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Has a working knowledge of electrical component
- Has a working knowledge of searching for alternate components
- Has a working knowledge of the design intent and function of a circuit
- Has developed a working relationship with component manufacturing suppliers
- Has a working knowledge of component costs
- Has a working knowledge of current market and technology of components
- Has a working knowledge of problem solving methods
- Working Knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, Component Search Tools
- Communication skills with Internal and External Resources
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering/electronics
- several years experience as CE or related role
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.