***This is a 12 hour shift, 7pm to 7am, 2-2-3***
Perform a variety of duties related to the development of a cost efficient, capable process for new and existing molds providing technical expertise and challenging molds and processes. Coordinate the efforts of process engineers and project engineers to meet departmental goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate startup of new and/or existing projects/production jobs; optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
· Coordinate and monitor the activities of assigned process technicians, giving guidance and technical support to molding manager.
· Provide functional and technical guidance to other process engineers.
· Ensure process control and maintain appropriate documentation.
· Monitor the process of molds running in production, troubleshooting problem molds and assisting in resolving quality issues.
· Establish processes for new molds, document process development and changes, evaluating new tool performance and monitoring new tool design.
· Coordinate maintenance of molds; specify repair or alteration of molds and automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
· Perform designed experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient setups.
· Specify tooling, machine, material changes and/or process changes to ensure profitable production is maintained.
· Prepare setup of molding runs, follow-up on progress of toll, process and automation improvements. Assist with the design and debugging of new systems, tooling and automation.
· Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Machine maintenance
· Processing parameters and controls
· Quality manufacturing processing in a cleanroom environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS Degree in Manufacturing, Plastics Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years within injection molding environment
- Exposure to machine maintenance and processing parameters and controls
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.