Under the guidance of management, you are expected to have a good understanding of basic concepts of electronics component and circuitry design and an eagerness to develop a specific competency within the ECAD environment.
To create new and maintain existing CAD library symbols for the appropriate CAD tools used within the department.
Is responsible for analysis, and development of ECAD Library, and Windchill Tool Administration for Printed Circuit Boards Assemblies using established procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and maintain CAD Library symbols and footprints to exact specifications of vendor data sheet and Jabil CAD library instructions.
• You use knowledge of Design for Manufacturing when creating parts.
• Assist with checking designs against guidelines, standards and specifications.
• Assist with CAD format conversions
• Gathers information relating to ECAD solutions
• Evaluates/Clarifies the requirements/spec of selected electronic components, implements the part library modeling
• Facilitates the change management process in PDM system.
• Under the guidance of senior team members, do design rule setting and verification, design output document creation.
• Under the guidance of senior team members, may recommend the selection of electronic components, board stackup structure and technology selection
• Interacts with cross functional engineering team and project management for daily operation
• Works with external component suppliers/manufacturers
• Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including answering PCB supplier EQs, support during engineering prototype builds, NPI & production releases.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Associate degree Electrical or Electronics Engineering/Technology or related major.
• Awareness of hardware design and PCB layout design development methodology and tools
• Awareness of ECAD specializations or competencies: EDA tools and workflows, PDM system and workflows, automation and programming, electronics component packaging, etc.
• Awareness of Component types and PCBA MFG process related Land patterns
• Working knowledge of DFM restrictions/requirements on PCB fabrication, stackup definition, PCB assembly processes and PCBA test process.
• You have good experience with analyzing datasheets, know where to find the correct datasheet and how to interpret the datasheets, have good knowledge of the different types of packages and influence of component packages in the manufacturing processes
• Being able to construct and verify a manufacturing part number from a datasheet and/or website
• Able to read a mechanical part drawing or measure data from a 3D model
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• You have good experience of PBA assembly and soldering processes
• Understanding of component databases and maintenance
• Knowledge on structures of Bill of Materials and the related change management
• Being able to learn new software tools easy. Benefit to have experience in working with 3D CAD tools, ECAD Library tools and PDM tools
• You have the nature of being a precisian. You do not accept flaws, set high accuracy levels, are very precise and meticulous
• You like to dive very deep in technical details, negotiate technical discussions and keen to convince others using scientific and ratio
• You have excellent English writing and communication skills and use them in calls which you set up to have technical discussions with peers, customers, suppliers and manufacturing to debate the design of a specific component using snapshots and complex subjects expressed in readable texts and graphs
• You like looking up technical specs, finding the right things in technical documents, questioning data, etc.
• You have a good understanding of physics, mechanics, tolerances, chemical processes, etc.
• You decide to be a librarian as your career-step for a long term and not as a stepping stone for growth to other roles
• Windchill knowledge would be an advantage
• IPC 600, IPC610 CIS certification would be an advantage
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
• 3+ years’ experience in ECAD design or other key competencies
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.