Responsible for generating sales from new customers or existing customers within the organization. Responsible for ensuring customer trust and satisfaction. Maintains contact with the customer at a high, executive level focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship. Works with Sr. management in developing target customers and landing the customer. Typically, the sales are more consultative than transactional in which the purchase decision is complex and long, value is the key, and focus is on the solution.
- 40-50% travel required including international travel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Sciences or related area; MBA preferred; Prior contract manufacturing sales experience highly preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience, including a strong background in lab science markets including IVD, Genomics, Molecular and/or knowledge of Liquid Biopsy, Sequencing and Companion Diagnostics, and associated instruments, consumables, and skills that are required to carry out those workflows.
- Preference for candidate who has understanding/relationships with Pharma and DX companies and knowledge of the CDX drug development process
- Strategic selling experience, account management, business negotiation, and matrix management environments; collaboration and direct management experience of customer support teams required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow senior-level customer relationships across multiple customer functional areas such as sourcing, production, research, QA/QC, and Supply Chain management.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; experience with Sales Force contact management software preferred.
- Demonstrated overachievement against aggressive goals set in previous positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead large multinational and emerging technology business development activities with the goal to diversify and expand business with existing accounts and new market entrants.
- Manage the business development process through qualification, proposal, negotiation and contract closure
- Develop and manage a pipeline of multinational opportunities targeted for contract agreements and “program” accounts.
- Ensure effective and global coordination of account strategy as applicable, including alignment with all divisional stakeholders including Business Unit, Technical Business development etc.
- Build a strong understanding of assigned customers and their marketplaces through a broad range of information sources, including direct customer interaction, networking, publications, market information, and industry events.
- Coordinate needs assessment and VOC activities, develop and execute against an optimal account entry strategy, and clearly articulate customized value propositions focused on addressing the customer's internal challenges, unmet end -user needs or areas of focus.
- Develop strong and strategic relationships with senior management contacts in procurement, operations, marketing and technical/scientific disciplines; maintain a balance of communication across various stakeholder groups; utilize any opportunity to support customers and build trust and interest, even outside of business focus.
- Develop and manage strategic account development plans, track progress against key account development milestones in Sales Force and report out progress in regularly scheduled account review sessions.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of Jabil Healthcare and Jabil, Inc global capabilities, limitations, and emerging competencies.
- Manage individual accounts and also provide SME support to the DX sales team to ensure strategic alignment, information sharing and team execution.
- Involve resources outside of sales as appropriate to develop opportunities, including interest across other Jabil Healthcare Business Units and other stakeholders.
- Understand the competitive landscape, competitive offerings with assigned customers, and the impact on our account development strategy.
- Lead all proposal development activities opportunity, either in response to a customer RFI/RFP/RFQ or proactively, including value proposition, terms, and lead pro forma development and review process to justify business proposal – including new product development.
- As requested, support further development and articulation of the Jabil value proposition, including components attributable to the broader Jabil enterprise.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the sales department.
- Provide expense budgets when required.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
- Create customer /product penetration strategies and the deployment of such for new accounts.
- Interpret and communicate customer requirements to enable development of services and operational capabilities to support new customers and business opportunities.
- Develop RFQ analysis and present formal presentation to customer; ensure key financial measures are achieved within each quote, including profitability and RONA targets.
- Promote Jabil’s capabilities, footprint and services to new customers.
- Lead commercial negotiations with new customers.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Develop an understanding of the workcell and business unit strategies as it pertains to sales.
- Work closely with Business Development, Operations, and legal groups for quote and contract development.
- Provide regular updates to VP of sales and marketing team on the execution of the strategy.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management of continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.