Plans, organizes, and directs engineering department to meet company objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the installation of a new multidisciplinairy design team
· The new established design team will work collaboratively in design projects. (projects will be staffed by teammembers from Hasselt site. Wroclaw site, other locations)
· Develop the team based on the strategic initiatives from the Automotive and Transportation division
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview, and hire team members for Multi disciplinary Engineering Department.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Design Engineering position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Design Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Design Engineering functions.
· Work with functional managers of the Hasselt design organization for the Electrical, ECAD, VAVE disciplines
· Take full leadership role for the mechanical engineers.
· Being the interface between the engineers and the Hasselt design functional management and visa versa
- Be the eyes and the ears for the people towards their colleagues in the other design organization
- Having a collaborative mindset. One team one goal although split over countries
- Work with the overall design operations organization. (financials, forecasting, operational execution…)
- Taking care of all site specific leadership tasks (making sure that people are working in a safe environment, following country specific requirements, site communications wrt strategy, site financial responsibility)
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Design Services team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work with Functional managers of the Hasselt design organization for certain disciplines/functions on functional management matters
- Functional management role for Mechanical engineers.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions..
· Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Design Services.
· Provide regular updates to BUM and WW Director of Design Services on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers, BUMs and WW Director of Design Services on cost and cost trends.
· Manage creation and submission of project proposals and quotations.
· Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical leadership role on Mechanics (enclosures, thermal, plastics, metals), Once the team develops further the technical skills may reduce but are key for the initial phase
- Good understanding of electronics engineering
- Understanding of Automotive design processes is a plus
- Experience in functional safety requirements is a plus
- Experience in the field of Electrification products is a plus
- Experience in Manufacturing is a plus (from design to manufacturing)
Provides direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes.
· Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
· Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff. Establish individual goals and training plans.
· Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
· Analyze new components and development tools and provide guidance on their use.
· Analyzes technology trends, human resources needs and market demand to plan projects.
· Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
· Ensures proper documentation.
· Selects correct design concept and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement of existing ones.
· Design and develop new components or redesign existing components to improve company products.
· Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master in Electromechanics/Mechanics
- 10-15 Years experience in Technical domain
- 5 Years experience of leading a team of technical engineers
- Experience in Automotive industry is an asset
- Experience in working in a matrix organization is an asset
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.