At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be able to technically lead the entire cross functional design team on their interactions and responsibilities for that project. A Lead Engineer is responsible for ensuring the phase gate technical milestones are met, is the leader of technical reviews, and is responsible for making sure that the specification requirements inputs and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing product into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will represent Jabil Design Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
- Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
- Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
- At the appropriate process phase gates, drive the delivery of a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc
- Lead all elements of electrical engineering including design reviews, design verification requirement & Spec developments, implementation, supply chain & supplier feedback, requirements for implementation, transfer to design and manufacturing team. Mentoring Sr. Design Engineers and below
- Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Support management in identifying internal and external resources to support product development/analysis
- Would be considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field of competency (preferably automotive inverter designs).
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
SPECIFIC DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of functional safety and being able to implement this into designs.
- Knowledge of automotive HV electronics (in relation to design, test and release activities)
- Knowledge of high power design and PCB techniques
- Knowledge of general automotive processes and quality processes (FMEA, FMEDA,…)
- Strong focus on design quality (EMC, derating, …)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop
mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Master degree in Engineering from an accredited university
· Minimum of 8 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a SR Design Engineer (preferably high power electronics)
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This role it to be located in Wroclaw, Poland with a possibility of some degree of hybrid working
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.