- JOB SUMMARY
Supervises the site materials operations for purchasing / planning or segments as assigned. Develops and implements materials strategies. Develops and maintains feasible site operational plan. Monitors and continually improves processes and performance metrics. Resolves materials issues. Acts as main customer contact on materials related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct the Materials site team so that all material planning and production planning activities support the goals of the department, workcell, site, and assigned market segment.
- Responsible for all day-to-day activities pertaining to the operational plan for the site
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of strategic materials initiatives.
- Executes materials department and site/segment specific strategies.
- Develop the sites understanding of performance metrics and insure efforts put forth by site hit or exceed the objectives. Monitors and continually improves processes and performance metrics.
- Investigates reasons for any line down situation. Ensures the accuracy of critical data within the business system.
- Acts as main customer interface on all materials issues. Develops and coordinates the quoting process and/or demand management process.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Position Site Based in Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor Degree required Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
APICS certification preferred.
- equivalent and 3 to 5 years related Supply Chain experience related to Materials purchasing and Production Planning
- Thorough knowledge of SAP (PP/PU modules)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Advanced PC skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Proficient Verbal and Written English Skill
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.