An entry level engineering position, in this position you are expected to have a good understanding of engineering theory, basic concepts of design and an eagerness to develop a specific competency within the design environment.
Using established procedures is responsible for analysis, design and development of basic chassis and sub-system design, detailed documentation, and execution of a defined validation plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the development and validation of electronic enclosures and components.
- Assists in analyzing chassis solutions that may lead to improvements to the cost, re-use, or quality of the design.
- Supports system architects to gather design requirements and define product architecture.
- Assists in the use of tolerance analysis and DFM tools.
- Works with ECAD designers and EE team in the definition of the board outline and keepout definition.
- Under the guidance of senior team members, may own a sub-section of the chassis design.
- Under direct supervision, assembles chassis prototypes, and checks the fit/form/functionality.
- Works closely with Thermal Engineers to implement proper cooling of chassis components.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Awareness of specific component industry standards.
- Awareness of 3D modeling methodology and tools.
- Awareness of Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- Knowledge of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Tolerances, Manufacturing Principles
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME or equivalent)
- 0-3 years experience in mech design and / or verification
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.