Work with global engineering teams (customer and internal) to develop final product solution for chosen architecture exercising strict timeframe, quality and cost control for global deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct diligence in selecting and develop Asia electrical engineering vendor partnerships for working flexible and scaleable solutions.
- Select, develop and deploy Asia resources to customer locations for project collaboration.
- Lead the global electrical engineering business unit (BU) resource to develop and implement product architectures in collaboration with the customer and their specific requirements.
- Work with global Project Managers, global engineering resource and BU Managers in providing accurate quoting information.
- Develop and utilize of global processes, specific to the BU, for system architecture documentation and development with clear protocol and communication to global resources and customer.
- Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures.
- Provide leadership for project global cross-functional teams necessary to perform technology studies, product feasibility studies, high level design, component specification and acquisition, and other coordinated project team activities.
- Support the development and utilization of processes for electrical hardware requirement analysis and documentation, Design documentation and requirements management.
- Provide a comprehensive design package to the BU and customer consisting of requirements and design documentation, schematics, BOM’s, vendor lists, and conceptual packaging and assembly drawings prior to production launch.
- Participate in all elements of global design engineering including design reviews and design verification.
- Follow department design flow processes and procedures.
- Provide input to identification and mitigation of technical project risks, technical and integration dependencies affecting overall project plans and schedules.
- Work concurrently with global internal cross functional departments and the customer to ensure high quality, cost effective, and manufacturability for all product solutions.
- Support the BU in production discrepancies by incorporating fixes into subsequent revisions in a timely manner.
- Provide work direction to Technicians on associated project.
- Oversee assembly and test of engineering prototypes.
- Convey technical solutions for areas of competence to engineers and to business personnel at various technical levels.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and safety policies.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of 10 years experience, in the design and development of routers, SAN’s and switches from design to production in related field. Travel requirement: 25%; some international travel required. Fluency in both English and Mandarin is required.
PREFERRED TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Experience with high speed microprocessors and interfaces such as DDR, PCI, USB, Serial Interfaces, Fiber Channel etc. Experience in high speed circuit board design, design for manufacturability and able to perform timing analysis for logic design. FPGA and CPLD design experience using VHDL. Knowledge of solving signal integrity issues for high-speed, high performance systems. Experience in high speed backplane design, and in SPICE simulation. Understanding of board layout EMI suppression techniques. Electrical verification of PCB & product integration. Working knowledge of Agile. Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering is required preferably in test rack solutions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, presentation materials, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 35 lbs. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an engineering bullpen area where the noise level is low to moderate.
This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.