Under limited supervision, coordinates daily activities of Facilities Support team members and oversees moderately complex maintenance on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures, and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, motivate and challenge all Facilities Support Team Members to perform to their full potential through direct and timely formal and informal feedback.
- Ascertain materials required for assigned projects, and ensure timely requests for the purchase of those materials. Minimize over ordering, to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Ensure Facilities Support Team Members are thoroughly trained, certified and are performing their assigned functions.
- Inform or instruct Facilities Support Team Members of any deviations or changes.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and schematics
- Ensure that assigned work areas are kept clean and organized in order to minimize hazards.
- Perform electrical, painting, and/or carpentry repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises.
- Oversee installation, relocation and reinstallation of new and/or existing equipment.
- Maintain and repair production support air compressors, air dryers, and vacuum systems.
- Perform simple engineering calculations for proposed new equipment.
- Update mechanical prints when changes mandate.
- Submit proposals and recommendations to department supervisor for upgrades or changes.
- Maintain maintenance records for each piece of equipment responsible for.
- Troubleshoot and conduct periodic inspections to determine maintenance work required.
- Act as a liaison for the Facilities Department with internal customers and vendors.
- Follow Preventive Maintenance Instructions and ensure that the records for such are properly documented.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; and four to six years experience in maintenance field; or demonstrated skills required to perform the job.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.