Leads the Process Engineering department in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Strives to achieve excellence in all endeavors.
· Be a creative and proactive contributor on the management team, focused on continuous improvement at all times.
· Directs Manufacturing Engineering Technicians on their assigned lines in the observation of machine and line performance, and provide guidance in the determination of the necessary steps to achieve optimum machine and process efficiency.
· Provides training to Manufacturing Engineering Technicians and Manufacturing Engineering Assistants in subjects such as equipment maintenance and repair; machine programming and optimization; and part-data (PD) file creation.
· Interfaces with Line Supervisors, Machine Support Manager, and Manufacturing Engineers to determine corrective actions needed to optimize machine efficiency and effectiveness (yields). Creates, documents and implements procedures that ensure continued operational excellence throughout the plant(s).
· As required, provides expertise and direction to Manufacturing Engineering Technicians and Machine Support Technicians on machine adjustments, repairs or other demand-maintenance activities.
· Manages the coverage of Manufacturing Engineering Technician duties in assigned plant(s) if an MET is absent due to vacation, illness, training or some other reason. On certain occasions, perform those duties if and when a critical need arises.
· Assists Manufacturing Engineers in determining optimum process performance by assisting with I.R. reflow profiles, wave solder profiles, screen printing of solder paste, designing and manufacturing of necessary tooling, and suggestions for design for manufacturing (DFM).
· Ensures that data integrity functions such as program and PD back-ups are completed regularly on all lines in assigned plant(s).
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Becton Dickinson NEW PROJECT
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.