Using established procedures is responsible for new engineering design, able to extract requirements and determine steps to implement reference design implementation or design modifications of existing product. An Engineer II will have a good understanding of design process, able to develop & execute validation test plans and proficient in at least one CAD tool associated with their discipline.
Design Engineer (Electrical)
Should be able to perform and analyze circuit design unassisted from start to finish. Should be able to develop subsystem architecture at the direction of an Engineer III or above. Should be familiar with our commonly used manufacturing processes as it relates to electrical design and drive PCB layout accordingly.
Design Engineer (Software)
To independently design, develop, document, debug and test software and/or firmware on hardware platforms. Should have a good understanding of at least one programming language and the ability to write, test and debug code independently.
Design Engineer (Mechanical)
Should be able to design mechanical parts / subsystems unassisted from start to finish. Should be able to perform a variety of applicable manual analysis for problem solving. Should be familiar with commonly used manufacturing and tooling processes and how to effectively design parts for them.
Design Engineer (DFX)
Responsible for design evaluation, to include analysis from PCB to HLA level (DFF, DFM, DFA), be able to understand requirements and determine options for optimization, assess impact to design cost, assembly methods or times, risk for implementation, and assess design implementation or design modifications of existing product. Must be knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and equipment for given manufacturing area. Must be proficient in at least one tool used for assessment.
Must be able to assess electrical and electro-mechanical components and BOM’s for supply chain overall risk, adherence to corporate strategy, suitability for use in design, cost, and risks. Requires the ability to understand design requirements and determine options for optimization, assess impact to design cost, and risk for implementation. Must be knowledgeable across electrical part commodities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· (Electrical & Mech) At the appropriate process phase gates, will create, gather & enter the complete design package data into our PDM system for ECO release.
· (Software) Competent in at least one but familiar with multiple high level programming languages & compiler and experienced in the use of specific In-circuit emulators.
· (Software) Solid, demonstrated programming and debugging skills.
· (ALL) Meet the requirements of Design Engineer I
· Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Be responsible for directing the Design Engineer I and Technicians on their assigned projects.
· Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer I
· Specific requirements as defined by market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
1. More than 5 years working experience;
2. have experience in Design Engineer
3. good at English.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.