This position is responsible for preparing, analyzing and reviewing the financial materials to be used in external financial reports. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the completion of ad-hoc analysis, special projects as assigned and the development and supervision of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-Technical Accounting
• Provide technical accounting expertise and support while advising the Company on its business issues and/or transactions.
• Perform research and provide guidance on technical accounting issues on a range of accounting topics including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, derivatives, revenue recognition, restructuring, securitizations, foreign currency, fair value measurements, pensions, etc.
• Prepare comprehensive position papers that document and support the Company’s accounting conclusions reached on specific transactions and/or upon adoption on new accounting guidance.
• Contribute to monitoring and implementing new U.S. GAAP accounting guidance and SEC reporting requirements.
• Analyze financial statements for the company, including comparison to forecasted results or trended results.
• Investigate fluctuations and prepare various financial analysis for internal management use.
• Work collaboratively across departmental functions including effective communication with applicable business partners to ensure successful completion of activities and projects
• Provide support to the Company’s internal and external auditors during audits and interim reviews.
• Maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure effective risk management and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley § 404
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Strong knowledge and experience with Accounting concepts, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), SOX and SEC reporting requirements.
• SAP and Cognos Controller experience, preferred
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to proactively address accounting related matters and other solutions.
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks in an environment of changing priorities.
• Ability to extract and analyze data to identify trends, anomalies and differences; turning data into actionable insights.
• The ability to identify, understand a problem and its root cause, and research effective solutions.
• Takes initiative and executes independently to proactively address accounting related matters and solutions.
• Understands opposing opinions, offers unique perspectives, and is able to gain support for ideas and solutions.
• Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience.
• Multinational company and/or Manufacturing experience preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.