- The Automation Engineer monitors the quality and efficiency performance of assigned product lines and provides support in driving continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Process Characterisation / Optimisation (DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s DOE’s etc.).
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support production line ramp to achieve mature production targets.
- Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing additive manufacturing processes.
- Monitors the additive manufacturing process; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and process as required.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Manage assigned project budgets; liaise with Customers, contractors as required.
- Support technical training.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication, computer and presentation skills.
- Systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Lean Six Sigma skills an advantage.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Good data analysis skills.k
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project.
- CAD experience desirable.
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Honours Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (high volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience).
- Travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer sites.
Organization Linkages: List the titles of individuals and organizations with which this position has the most frequent and significant contact. Briefly describe the nature of those contacts.
- Reports to Automation Engineering Lead
- Value Stream Leader
- Automation Technicians
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.