The Machinist I is a journeyman level machinist position where the operator can operate most or all machines in the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate a good variety of machine tool equipment such as a drill press, lathe, milling machine, CNC, and other hand and power machines.
· Works from blueprints, sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of machined components.
· Makes certain shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout patterns and determine tooling feeds and speeds.
· Does some inspection on parts using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers.
· May program some machines.
· Works with Lead to complete jobs on schedule and accurate.
· Performs other job functions as assigned
· Some ability to read math and angles
· Good blue print reading.
· Capable of performing some heavy labor, ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
· Good communication skills (verbal and written)
· Good working knowledge of hand measuring and inspection tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School/GED or higher education preferred
· 0-2 years experience as a machinist; familiarity with CNC, Lathe and manual machines a plus
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.