Lead highly complex electrical hardware designs for customer or innovation projects. Responsible for ensuring technical milestones are achieved. Responsible for guiding other engineer team members electrical designs and leads technical design reviews. Ensures specification requirements input and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing products into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leader in developing and validating embedded hardware design applications.
- Leads/supervises embedded hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Directs all aspects of electronics circuit design with minimal supervision
- Mentors/coaches/trains engineers with less experience
- Partners with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and define the appropriate EE architecture.
- Expertly assemble prototypes, design first powerup, design debug and functional circuit verification.
- Work with and manage external component suppliers/manufacturers and provide input to their product roadmaps
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to customers.
- Define design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Leads resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Detailed knowledge (with moderate complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge developing high complexity projects that have required one of more of Electical Engineering Design specializations or competencies:Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- Detailed knowledge and use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads cross-functional and EE design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE/PhD or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Bachelor degree or above, strong circuit testing and debug experience.
- Ability to co-work with team to support circuit design.
- Experience with design tools - Cadence/Mentor/Altium: schematic capture, layout tools, lab bring up and debug.
- Experience with high-speed design, signal integrity, and 4G/5G techniques.
- Experience solving system issues, technical innovation, and driving a technical roadmap.
- Experience with IoT and be familiar with TI ARM/Power PC/Intel processor/Microchip MCU
- Rich experience with LCD/Touch Panel, USB, I2C, Flash, SPI, Audio codec, CAN
- Experience with third-party certification requirements
- Experience performing design failure mode effect analysis
- Experience in common Electronics manufacturing processes
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and safely
- 5 years+ of experience with enterprise class hardware design.
- Specify, design, develop, integrate and maintain hardware solutions like IoT(Cortex-A8…), network products
- Lead the bring-up, validation, and launch of hardware systems.
- Review electrical schematics and design circuitry
- Drive products from concept to production.
- Continually learn, set, teach and apply EE best practices, tools and technologies
- Work closely with customer, engineering, manufacturing to develop designs and provide technical support.
- Hands-on bring-up, build and debugging of new circuit boards
- Ability to use oscilloscopes, multimeters, and other electrical test instruments to support troubleshooting
- Support automotive, industrial and Healthcare, communication customers
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.