At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Quality Engineer - Continuous Process Improvement, Fremont, represents the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting manufacturing.
In your role you will
- Develop and maintain QA plans and process routings, which reflect intended/actual activities.
- Provide support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
- Evaluate and support inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Support all training programs by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
- Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develop appropriate systems for document storage and access.
- Review all supplier or customer discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Provide trend analysis of defects occurring at the customer, supplier and internally.
- Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable.
- Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
- Interface with all departments as applied to the Policies and Procedures with special regard to ISO, EN4600 and GMP documentation.
- Monitor departmental activities and provide technical and logistical guidance/support for the quality engineering staff as applicable.
- Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
- Support and focus corrective action efforts and utilizing the SPC data and corrective action tracking package and create and implement any meetings, procedures, or team-building concepts as necessary as part of the corrective/preventative effort.
- Serve as liaison between Jabil Circuit and suppliers or customers on quality related issues.
- Improve technical support for the quality organization.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Review of Historic CMM programs due to internal and external escalations.
- Quality representative for GD&T dimensional review.
- CMM Process improvement projects (Fixturing , Automation, Palletization).
- Metrology advisor regarding RMA’s.
- Quality representative in CMM measurement reduction activities.
- Quality / CMM programming representative on SPC software implementation projects.
- Quality Laboratory support for CMM program / hardware issues.
- Quality contact / champion for resolving Zeiss Repairs and calibration.
- Work with CMM programming group to train on best practices (Metrology / CMM Programming).
- Quality representative on internal dimensional discussions and escalations.
- Quality representative for cross facility sharing of Quality data packages (CMM programs , inspection documents).
- Quality representative in metrology hardware and software procurement and installation.
- Quality champion for outsource inspection projects @ precision tool distributors.
- Quality champion for Purchase and maintenance of Software packages purchased through Precision Tool ( QC-Calc).
Successful candidate will bring the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years related experience as a Quality Engineer; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Zeiss Calypso, Metrology, and GD&T.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.