Provides site Process Excellence and Lean Transformation expertise and guidance through the development, documentation, implementation, and validation of Lean Six Sigma applications. Will facilitate building of synergies across the site to enable cross-functional collaboration and best practices sharing and implementation. Provide education and development opportunities to strengthen overall organizational capabilities. Engrain process excellence improvement energy and capabilities throughout the site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Site Alignment with Lean Six Sigma Vision and Strategy:
· Work closely with the Regional Lean Manager to introduce and sustain a Lean Six Sigma culture into the site
· Work with Operations Manager, Business Unit Managers and the Regional Lean Six Sigma Manager to ensure alignment and synchronization of Jabil’s Lean Six Sigma mission, vision and purpose is a capacity that support business plans
· Advise Management and provide strategic direction on Lean project selection, integration of resources and prioritization
· Monitor and continuously improve the site Lean initiative, related to productivity and quality of operations
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems
2. Building a Lean Production System and Lean Six Sigma Culture:
· Be a leader, mentor and coach towards integration of Lean Six Sigma principles, values, philosophies and tools for driving continuous improvement
· Create and manage a system to ensure people development, education, motivation, empowerment and involvement
· Encourage cross training, skills assessment, instructional goals, on-the-job training, teamwork, information sharing, suggestion systems and others to foster lean six sigma within the site
· Lead by example and model the desired behaviors and corporate values
· Foster respect for people and humility through mentoring and coaching through the site’s lean journey
· Encourage risk taking and experimentation using the scientific method
· Maintain proficiency in the latest Lean approaches through networking and participation in Lean conferences and organizations and maintaining personal certifications in Lean applications.
· Align with Human Resources to drive the local Lean rewards & recognition program
· Align with Finance to bring the impact of projects that are part of LSS program into Jabil’s financial processes
· A valued contributor to the site management team to provide consistent updates, feedback and support for site projects
3. System Measurement and Feedback
· Track sites key continuous improvement metrics and ensure Global Lean Portal data integrity
· Establish employee suggestion system, engagement programs, reward and recognition programs to support innovative thinking while measuring employee understanding and involvement
· Work with Regional Lean Six Sigma Manager to provide feedback on current training modules, processes and tools.
· Leverage factor floor knowledge, employee feedback and the Jabil Lean Six Sigma Manager network to propose Lean program improvements to Regional Lean Six Sigma Managers
4. Ensure Program and Cultural Sustainability
· Develop and mentor local coaches and lean leaders to facilitate and lead site continuous improvement activity and development of a sustainable lean culture
· Support Regional Lean Six Sigma Manager to propose and develop a standard cookbook for policies, procedures and strategies in support of the standardization of a global lean program
· Anticipate and meet/exceed customer expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and ethics policies.
· Experienced in change management, project management and financial management
· Strong skills in financial analysis and knowledge of statistics and statistical control tools
· Excellent leadership and communication skills
· Track record showing continual improvement of personal skills
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
· Understand the fundamentals and principles of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Industrial Engineering
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Be proficient in lean tools and processes to coordinate and share knowledge on a regional and global scale
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· At least 3 to 5 years experience in Manufacturing Management, Engineering Management or Project Management
· Degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline preferred
· Six Sigma Black Belt certified by recognized organizations in the industry (e.g. ASQ, SME, Shing Prize)
· Project and facilitation experience in a heavily matrixed environment
· Experience in change management
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· 10% domestic and international travel
· Climate controlled office or cubicle accessible to production floor and office staff
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.