Add value through knowledge about process engineering; supports stabilization and the continuous improvement projects life cycle since its identification to the execution and closure in terms of cost, quality, efficiency and time cycle Rapid response to operations in: technical resolution, direction change, manufacturing scalability,
process/product development and replacing materials. Completes projects within the site or with suppliers, to provide an uninterrupted flow of component for assembly operations that meet instrument, quality, cost, and delivery requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under general supervision, conducts assignments involving a specific portion of a project. May assist in determining objectives and planning schedules of multiple projects with few complex features.
• Must know and follow rules, policies and procedures of the company that are related with work activities within responsibility area, must assure that the subordinates know and follow rules, policies and procedures.
• Complete training in responsibility area, within the time assigned. Training is required for changes and implementation of policies, existing procedures, new functions, etc. Complete retraining required in areas such as Safety and Environment.
• Follow all safety policies of the company and all the safety measures within work area.
• Promote Safety work environment to all workplace associates.
• Responsible for leading and executing projects focused in the variation reduction originated by process and/or design of the product that positively influences in the business metrics, strategic direction and financial results.
• Keep work plans through the year, such as change in base product design (product line extension), process changes and cost improvement projects.
• Identify and execute supply chain manufacturing and/or suppliers cost improvement projects.
• Lead technical projects within manufacturing site or suppliers to improve process capacity capability, yield and maintainability.
• Provide technical support for the approval/ validation of changes/ improvements within manufacturing site or supplier processes
• Provide technical support for the resolution of component quality issues
• Potentially perform supervision functions in ME technical areas (PROJECTS/CAD/BOM).
• Sustain supply chain continuity by qualifying and validating site and/or supplier tooling as per component approval procedures.
• Ensures closure to component non-conformance issues with timely corrective action submission and approval of site and/or suppliers control plans.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Group integration, multifunctional tasking and coordinates collaboration between multiple functional groups.
• Effective communication, oral, written and for presentations.
• Project management, lead teams located in different areas while executing a Project.
• Technical competencies, preferred
• Lean and Six Sigma skills
• Process and product knowledge
• Quality system knowledge
• GMP/ ISO knowledge
• Computer skills
• Proficient in Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and database applications.
• Statistical analysis software
• Engineering software (FEA, CAD, etc) as it applies.
• Other skills may be required and not all skills listed may be utilized
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering
• Technical formation preferred
• Advanced Degree in Science or Engineering preferred
• 0 - 2 years of experience in a product development and/o manufacturing environment
• Experience in medical product industry is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.