Under the guidance of management, develops new engineering design of a basic to moderate complexity. Gathers design requirements and recommends steps to implement basic to moderate reference design. implementation or design modifications of existing product. Perform and analyze basic to moderate circuit design, referring more complex issues to management or more senior team members. Develop subsystem architecture at the direction of a Sr. Engineer or above.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers information relating to hardware solutions and recommends basic improvements to designs that improve components or design quality/reliability.
- Develop with supervision embedded hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Evaluates with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture.
- Evaluates/selects electronic components
- Analyzes Electronic Circuits with moderate complexity and can improve or update the design.
- Under the guidance of more senior team members, assembles prototypes, design first powerup, design debug and functional circuit verification.
- Works with and manages external component suppliers/manufacturers
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working knowledge of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Developed multiple projects that have utilized one of more of Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- Knowledge of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices.
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Familiar with ECAD (Cadence Allegro) Tool
- Experience with developing consumer electronics (AR/VR is a plus)
- Familiar with high volume FATP manufacturing process (CM/ODE experience is a plus)
- Experience with conducting the failure analysis
- Hands-on and open minded personality
- Familiar with RF is a plus
- Primary work location: Vancouver, WA
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.