Working under general supervision, plans, maps, sequences and performs assembly of complex electrical, mechanical and pneumatic robotic and equipment from verbal and written instructions. Performs layout of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical schematics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs a variety of diagnostic troubleshooting activities on assembly automation equipment.
· Makes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic repairs to assembly automation equipment
· Performs equipment failure analysis, repairs, and scheduled preventative maintenance on robotic and automated equipment.
· Sets up manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and assists in operating pre-production runs.
· Assists in installing new automated equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
· Creates new robot programs and edit existing robot programs.
· Updates manuals and programs for automated equipment.
· Keeps accurate reports of all activities performed on each piece of equipment.
· Provides input to engineering staff on areas for machine improvements.
· Sets up and maintains production maintenance schedule and parts inventory.
· Ensures all software is backed up and up-to-date.
· Works with Maintenance and Process Technicians to maintain daily production operations and assembly through preventative and corrective maintenance.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
30% Travel worldwide
· Ability to use advanced trades mathematics together with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
· Ability to use all varieties of precision measuring instruments
· Must be able to apply judgment to perform more difficult work with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
· Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC (programmable logic controllers) and ladder logic.
· Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.