Performs complex inspections on all types of products (medium to large, complex double-sided) to ensure quality levels are met during and at the final stages of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes intricate visual inspection of complex products to ensure conformance with quality standards.
- Verifies correct machine set-up prior to running .
- Selects and reads appropriate documentation using our ERP system..
- Selects inspection method (such as first article checks, sampling, or 100% inspection).
- Applies knowledge of GD&T, CMM and blueprint reading to their inspections.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding inspection and quality issues as well as the production team.
- Determines cause and effect of defects, and refers findings to the production team for correction.
- Reviews and approves solutions or refers unacceptable responses to Quality Supervisor for further action.
- Acts as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to customer or end user.
- Trains other employees in Quality Control processes and procedures.
- Ensures parts conform to customer quality standards. Moves parts to workstation for inspection, as necessary.
- Trains lower level inspectors.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to supervisor and management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Quality Supervisor
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Has developed expertise in function, typically through a combination of job-related training and extensive work experience.
- Completes task in a resourceful manner using specialized skill.
- Works on assignments of non-routine nature.
- Determines methods and procedures on newly introduced assignments.
- May be an informal team leader.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, leads and managers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a computers including using ERP system.
- Advanced CMM and GD&T skills, including training and knowledge of Ziess Calypso software.
- Ability to write simple correspondence related to GD&T. Read and understand visual aid and customer drawings.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to operate Ziess CMM using the Calypso software.
- Ablility to manually verify out of tolerance features using CMM (Ziess Calypso) and handheld tools.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience in a relevant field.
- Advanced CMM Ziess Calypso skills, training and experience in applicable software packages as well as GD&T metrology.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.