Organizes line workload and staffing for assembly operations depending on product priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinates with Assembly Line Supervisor and organizes line workload and staffing depending on product priority.
· Ensures work meets or exceeds Jabil workmanship standards and monitors the CIQ system closely in order to fix repetitive and recognized problems immediately.
· Minimizes changeover times through organized and well-planned changeovers.
· Minimizes excess material on floor; ensure proper stockage and availability of operation supplies and equipment.
· Verifies that only accurate, current, and authorized documentation is available on the line.
· Informs or instructs employees of any deviations or changes.
· Notifies Manufacturing Supervisor immediately regarding all employee problems, concerns and recommendations.
· Strives for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
· Ensures line personnel are thoroughly trained, certified and are performing their assigned functions.
· Motivates and challenges all line members to perform to their full potential through direct and timely formal and informal feedback.
· Tracks production and ensure all deadlines and schedules are met.
· Reviews all relevant policies and procedures issued to the line and ensure that appropriate employees read, understand, and adhere to them.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.