Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing.
Jabil is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will directly contribute to the transformative growth within our Enterprise and Infrastructure division by applying unique and innovative approaches to solving problems of server solutions for our customers. You will be responsible for contributing to the end-to-end definition, development and POC validation of server and rack level solutions spanning multiple customers and manufacturing regions. You will also be responsible for interfacing with customers, sales, marketing, CTO, and product engineering teams to ensure your deliverables meet the creative solutioning and optimal performance expected of our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a trusted advisor to our sales team and customers regarding server and rack solutions with an emphasis on application, storage and networking performance.
- Conducts system-level testing and debug of servers, server solutions intended for customer proof of concept and validation support.
- Responsible for customer escalation support. Includes but is not limited to issue triage/technical resolution, supplier coordination/management and critical bug fix releases.
- Responsible for performing maintenance releases. Includes but not limited to technology transitions, continuity of supply additions, non-critical bug fixes and market approved vendor list additions.
- Constantly researching new technology or development tools to identify innovative techniques and processes for application to complex design projects.
- Domestic and/or International travel, up to 5%, may be required.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Engineering Services Manager
- Job is not directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Expertise with the architecture, design and configuration and deployment of server, storage and networking systems.
- Working knowledge of server products including embedded remote management standards, interfaces and applications.
- Expertise into all aspects of server and storage system performance, including raw, synthetic and application proxy workloads, performance analysis, debug and optimization from the device to the application level.
- Facilitation of test results databases and visualization technologies to enable rapid decision making and conclusions.
- Expertise with Linux operating systems, related applications and script development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 12+ years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Lead Engineer
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.