The Principal System Test Development Engineer provides key leadership and execution of radio systems test across platforms within the Wireless Engineering Group in Warren, NJ. The Principal Engineer is responsible for developing test strategy, planning, organizing, and executing HW and SW test activities for 4G and 5G radio products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test development, troubleshooting and problem resolution on embedded software platforms
- Test application design, coding and development
- Test planning, execution, and troubleshooting for RF software/systems issues.
- Development and maintenance of test infrastructure
- Writing of software test scripts
- Maintenance of test scripts and documentation
- Analysis of test failures and raising of defects
- Work with software/hardware/systems teams to identify root cause of verification failures.
- Comply with departmental time tracking procedures for all work performed
- Abide by all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Accomplished in the design and execution of experiments/tests and problem solving for diverse advanced technology topics such as: design, materials, RF, test & assembly, tools & equipment, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Digital communications systems, RF propagation, wireless telecommunications concepts
- Understanding of 5GNR and LTE 3GPP Air interface specifications
- Understanding of O-RAN Alliance specifications
- Thorough knowledge of several advanced technologies practiced, both in R&D and manufacturing environments. Long history of hands-on, practical knowledge in several company core and advanced technologies
- Strong appreciation for and intimate involvement in relevant industry standards and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide innovative solutions for advanced technologies e.g. design materials, RF, test & assembly, tools & equipment, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Experience in programming in Python and shell scripting.
- Exposure to commercial test simulators and test systems such as: Keysight, R&S, Anritsu for wireless telephony product verification.
- Exposure to programming in C, C++, Python and/or shell scripting.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps Test Plans
- Recognized ability to write technical papers, generate presentations, speak, and to effectively represent Engineering Group to other Jabil groups, external customers, and technology peer groups in the industry
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge on the status and breakthroughs in diverse technology platforms as a continuous improvement of Jabil core competency and leadership in technology innovation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree required in an engineering discipline from a college or university related to a technology field
- Masters degree in an engineering field from a college or university related to the technology area, preferred
- 10+ years work related experience required, in a R&D and/or technology development environment
- Extensive experience leading cross-businesses initiatives to implement new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and train technicians, engineers and co-workers in advanced technology
- Extensive experience in identifying transformational technology topics and initiating large projects to establish new core competencies
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.