Ensures that all fixed assets of the company are registered in Accounting through the timely registration of acquisitions, inter-company transfers and Fixed Asset Audits in accordance with policies and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Controls and manages cost of capital via the completion of Capital Expenditure Request form. Updates the physical file that contains the documentation that supports each request (CER, Purchase request, quotes).
· Reviews account 15910 in order to enter purchases of fixed assets in the SAP module. Tags new equipment with an asset tag.
· Updates physical file of each fixed asset acquired by the company with all supporting documentation.
· Controls the movement of fixed assets, including the acquisition, transferrence, consigning, temporary exit, sale, and permanent exit, registering each movement and providing copy to affected personnel.
· Physically inventory equipment with the goal of updating registers in the system and maintain a better control of assets.
· Makes monthly reports for Corporate on fixed asset status as well as movements during the month. Reports also show available assets that can be used in other cells in Chihuahua or at other Jabil plants around the world.
· These reports are: Actual Capital Expenditure by Program or Cost Center, Fixed Asset Rollforward and Surplus Gear Report.
· Elaborates the Fixed Asset Balances at the end of each month to be used in the Financial Analysis area for reporting to Corporate.
· Elaborates the “Consolidate FA by Project” sent to different WorkCells to inform of assets and depreciation in past months.
· Generates the accounting depreciation along with the previous analysis of assets to be depreciated as well as the validation of the balances in the Fixed Asset Module.
· Generates the prorated depreciation report for Maquilas and for LLC Lux (Depreciation Allocation) basing on prorating criteria.
· Elaborates reports used in audits done by KPMG that show movement of fixed assets on a quarterly basis.
· Controls costs and requisitions related with the maintenance of Fixed Assets, with the goal of monitoring the same relative to that which is budgeted and reduce variances.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting
· CPA preferred
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.