Responsible for carrying out tax compliance/accounting projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the timely and accurate preparation of federal and state income tax returns and other specified tax returns
• Participate in the timely and accurate preparation of income tax provision calculations under ASC 740
• Improve processes by identifying efficiencies in preparation and information gathering procedures
• Perform tax research for tax return items and special projects
• Ensure that work product is timely, self-reviewed, and meets the needs of the end user
• Must be analytical and knowledgeable in accounting procedures and practices and be capable of working independently with general supervision from the Senior Tax Associate/Tax Manager
• Effectively manage time and projects
• Keep up to date on changes in tax law and related guidance through tax update webcasts and technical reading
•May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Experience in analytical tasks and research
• Working knowledge of tax technical rules
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to become proficient in accounting and tax return software
• Working knowledge in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting OR equivalent. One year or less of tax related experience required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.