Responsible for ensuring raw material inventory records accuracy, ensuring proper internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets, and for providing financial leadership and direction in the Albuquerque plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports the development of standard costs and presentations to management on annual changes in standards. Serves as a back-up to periodic cost updates for new products.
• Prepare and publishes monthly financial closing reports reflecting variances to budget and variances to standard.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual business plan and subsequent updates.
• Interface with corporate and plant management to provide advice and recommendations for improving financial performance.
• Prepare and publish monthly capital spending reports. Ensures that capital projects are closed and capitalized on a timely basis. Conducts periodic fixed asset physical audits and updates the GL as needed.
• Ensure that plant procedures and policies are adhered to and comply with Johnson & Johnson financial controls. Performs quarterly SOX testing and updates to procedures.
• Interface with manufacturing management to identify and implement activities that reduce plant operating costs. Calculate monthly cost savings from CIP projects and loads results into corporate database.
• Incorporate new technologies to aid in raw material control.
• Promote and instill an environment of cost consciousness and continuous improvement.
• Provide financial and business partner support to the packaging, sterilization and facilities departments. This will include analysis of cost reductions, labor, scrap, and controllable spending.
• Provide financial and business plan support to packaging and sterilization through analysis and serving as an active team member.
• Monitor credit card activity and ensure internal controls are in place.
• Serve as a process excellence green belt, providing leadership in project identification and analysis in projects to reduce cost of goods sold.
• Provide business partner support to the packaging strategy board and analysis of the major initiatives.
• Support capital acquisitions by training Business Partners in the use of Capital Appropriation process (end-to-end management).
• Provide guidance to the business unit manager on labor efficiency opportunities through ongoing analysis of the latest demand analysis volumes and integration of automated packaging equipment.
• Identify and initiate opportunities to provide training to the plant on cost of goods sold elements, capital management and other relevant topics.
• Lead automation opportunities and identify ways to streamline the routine departmental activities.
• Prepare and maintain Sarbanes-Oxley documentation.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Environmental – Participate in EMS management structure toward implementation and maintenance of EMS including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Participate and support the ISO 14001 Certification and Regulatory Audit process. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Report to Plant Controller.
• Supervise support (Co-op) associates as required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to lead projects to completion.
• Extensive personal computer experience required.
• Computer technology currently used includes Excel, Word, Power point and SAP General Ledger.
• Knowledge of JDE manufacturing system also a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration; or a qualifying combination of education and experience.
• Master’s in Business Administration preferred but not required.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) certification a significant plus, but not required.
• Three or more years’ experience in an accounting function. Background in inventory/cost accounting preferred but not required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.