Under direct supervision, maintains assembly instructions for the manufacturing operation. Responsible for inputting bill of materials (BOM) per the new product introduction (NPI) process, obtaining material pricing for the purchasing dperment and verifying completion of documentation packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains data storage on the Jabil computer network and master files per ISO standards.
· Assists with the preparation and implementation of Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) for manufacturing assembly instructions
· Assists with the interpretation of customer documentation, drawings and blueprints for defining manufacturing process flow.
· Assists with labor quoting.
· Works with the process area and engineering to define process flow.
· Updates SAP routing and production status as directed.
· May assist in publishing weekly and monthly reports of department performance in accordance to established standards.
· Coordinates the ECO activities for the business unit and work with other appropriate personnel to resolve problems that result from ECO activity.
· Assists in the timely completion of ECOs through documentation, validation/approval and basic input of materials and drawing information into the SAP system.
· Verifies ECO documentation packages for completeness and accuracy and follow up on completed ECOs to ensure continued accuracy.
· Communicates ECO impact with appropriate personnel including engineering, materials and production personnel. May also interact with customer and/or supplier personnel when appropriate.
· Assists in transacting excess and obsolete inventory.
· Responsible for maintaining bills of material in SAP.
· Maintains appropriate additional documentation for process metrics.
· May update and maintain DOC program with current documentation.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· May be required to work overtime.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.