Provide technical support to end-users for PC, server, hardware, or software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Load & verify software packages.
· Support any resource on projects as assigned.
· Troubleshoot and resolve end user issues.
· Install & configure PC/Peripherals.
· Follow all corporate, regional and local ISS & Site policy.
· Resolve site level Incident management.
· Populate knowledge Database & Configuration Management Database where appropriate.
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library knowledge.
· Emphasize management of queues, and adherence to Service Level Agreement/Key Performance Indicators.
· Install and Configure PCs (Ghost).
· Troubleshoot basic issues with scanners (MES/SAP RF).
· Administer the PBX (re-enabling and creating phones).
· Provide Support via phone for offsite users.
· Purchase software and hardware via the P.O. Process.
· Administer user accounts via Bind View. (Use of AD).
· Provide Maintenance and Support of Audio Visual equipment.
· Perform basic level of support for users on IT baseline apps.
· Following all procedures around the ISS security policy.
· Responsible for monitoring the Service Desk system queue and resolve tickets in a timely manner.
· End user technical assistance.
· Installs, identifies, and repairs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives.
· Loads and verifies correct operation of software packages.
· Troubleshoots and resolves end user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers.
· Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
· Maintains inventory of computer parts and lo of all repairs/service performed.
· Provides training and technical assistance to users.
· Safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma and one year of experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A+ certification preferred
Knowledge of all Microsoft applications/utilities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.