Brandywine Machining and Technician Co-op
Summer 2022 (May 31, 2022 through September 2, 2022)
The Machining and Technician Co-op will:
- Gain valuable knowledge pertaining to policies, practices and processes, associated with production of Medical Devices, through completion of web based and instructor led training.
- Gain direct hands-on experience with primary machining processing including CNC milling, CNC turning and forming of titanium, stainless steel and polymer implants.
- Gain experience with design of tooling, work holding and job aids.
- Gain exposure and participate in Quality and Compliance related activities including Non-conformance investigation and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA).
- Assist in failure mode analysis, scrap analysis and trending.
- Gain exposure to concepts of GMP/GXP as well as introduction to FDA, ISO, Safety, and Environmental regulations.
- Perform CAD modeling and drafting activities for 3D printed and machined manufacturing tools/fixturing, equipment layouts and process documentation.
- Support development of new processes and equipment associated with product launches.
- Support equipment and process validation lifecycle elements such as computer system validation, safety risk assessment, installation qualification, process risk assessment, operation qualification and performance qualification.
- Perform data collection and analysis utilizing statistical methods and software packages such as MS Excel and Minitab.
- Participate on cross-functional teams focusing on the improvement of existing processes.
- Support cycle time analysis, process/value stream mapping, and capacity analysis on production processes to optimize and/or introduce new equipment.
- Assist with testing and analysis utilizing Lean/6 Sigma tools techniques.
- Complete Kaizen implementation for ideas submitted for improvements.
- Communicate with internal and external suppliers on various projects and initiatives.
- Participate in plant and product familiarization though a combination of independent research, online training and “Go-See” activities.
- Participate in shadowing of various roles including Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, Engineering Technicians and Production Operators. Co-ops will also “Go-See” groups including Chemical Finishing, Packaging, QA Inspection, Drafting, Document Control, Safety, Maintenance, Tool Room, Gage Calibration and Shipping/Receiving.
A qualified candidate should meet the following general criteria:
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be actively enrolled pursuing either a Associates or Bachelors degree (but not necessarily taking classes).
- Candidate must have reliable transportation to and from work on a daily basis for the duration of the co-op.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
A qualified candidate should meet the following role specific criteria:
- Completion of sophomore level coursework strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to function as part of a team and independently.
- Possess some past hands-on experience (job, project or hobby related) strongly preferred.
- Willing to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment with work station located on manufacturing floor.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to generate technical documents semi-independently.
- Ability to present and communicate effectively to audiences at various levels of experience.
- Efficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with MS Project, Visio, Access preferred but not required.
- Experience with some CAD package (PTC Creo, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor, etc.)
- Introductory experience with GD&T preferred but not required.
- Introductory experience with statistical analysis using Minitab, Excel, etc. preferred.
Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to:
- Industrial, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (preferred)
- Biomedical Engineering (considered)
- Engineering and Management (considered)
- Controls and Robotics Engineering (considered)
- Electrical and Chemical Engineering (considered)
- Additional Engineering disciplines considered on case by case basis as well
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.