Conducts component level diagnostics and repair of all workable products, Conducts component level diagnostics and repair for new product introduction NPI process, Tests complete functionality of device after repair has been performed and verifies all information to populate the data on the troubleshoot tech notes for the debug team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receives specific work instruction from the repair/prescreen team leads and repair Manager. Operates directly with the Engineer group, with some latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions, using education and experience as guides.
· Conducts component level diagnostics to isolate failing circuit, and identify root cause of failures.
· Conducts component level repair and cleaning of circuit repaired, as well create reference guide lines for all repair experiences performed.
· Uses practical, efficient methods for accomplishing assignments and avoid unproductive activities.
· Help other technicians in understanding the failure messages and mentor them as needed.
· Stages unit in Engineering Hold as required for appropriate Engineer evaluation of the product.
· Performs general cleaning of work area to ensure safety and discards all scrap material.
· Perform Material Review Board process for questionable WIP to disposition.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.