The Team Leader is responsible for maintaining production schedules and directing the activities of team members in line with operational, quality, health & safety work instructions, and procedures and policies to ensure the production of quality product in a timely, safe, efficient and compliant manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the operations shift team (including key support department team members) to meet targets for product quality, customer delivery and cost whilst ensuring a safe and cGMP compliant work environment at all times.
· Deploy, promote and lead the use of lean tools within the team to drive continuous improvement and process reliability.
· Lead the team in achieving a compliant culture with respect to EHS, cGMP, inventory control and Quality System requirements.
· Promote Jabil’s values and behaviors.
· Lead shift daily operations meetings reviewing production data, machines running status, escalations and corrective action to ensure shift targets are achieved.
· Ensure regular communication with team through visual management systems.
· Coordinate operator training in order to perform assigned tasks across production cells.
· Responsible for ensuring the immediate team is trained in their roles and to support the development of standard work, documentation, training, and WI activities where appropriate.
· Create a high performing flexible team which achieves excellent results through coaching / mentoring & effective performance management.
· Plan all people, material and machine resources to support weekly production schedules.
· Ensure all injection molding, tool and assembly activities are completed as scheduled along with appropriate line clearance procedures to meet cGMP compliance.
· Ensure that batches are manufactured within the validated set up at all times and the quality team are provided with samples for outgoing testing throughout the batch.
· Lead area 5S program to ensure that housekeeping, cGMP and safety issues are resolved in a timely and systematic manner thus meeting all company safety, environmental and quality initiatives.
· Facilitate, and ensure where appropriate, that equipment and area cleaning, preventative maintenance, calibration schedules, inventory controls and bar-coding systems are adhered to as per cGMP requirements.
· Implement company policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by Supervisor.
· Excellent lean operations leadership, organizational and communication skills.
· Performance and results driven.
· Ability to motivate self and others.
· Excellent initiative and decision making capability.
· Ability to work in a team and foster an effective team environment.
· High level of cGMP, safe working practices and awareness.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project and ERP systems.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum 3-5 years in Injection Molding and/or Automated assembly experience preferred.
· Minimum 5 years supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
· Qualification & experience in Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt level) preferred.
· Experience in medical device injection molding and assembly operations preferred.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.