At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
- Will lead and support assigned multi-disciplinary / multi-site design projects through the various stages of the project lifecycle, from product concept to implementation, product test and mass production introduction
- This includes RFQ support, developing SOW, project plan w/milestones, financials, and implementation plan
- Provide full accountability for project budgets and schedule
- Manage and enhance customer relationships
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes the product design project in line with Jabil’s PLCQ (gate driven design process) and closely works with design QAM
- Recognize project Key Performance Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time, and cost constraints
- Develops and owns project plan, establishing a road map with clear dates and clear deliverables
- Utilize tools and processes to track changes and identify cost impact for review with senior management
- Plans, monitors, and tracks progress of the multi-disciplinary design activities and interacts closely with the system architect and lead project engineers, supply chain, quality, NPI
- Works with the finance team on monthly financial reporting
- Mentors project team members in context of project activities
- Gives and receives both written and verbal feedback
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel
- Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in engineering (preferably electronics) or equivalent,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management, preferably in automotive design projects, managing projects from product concept definition till mass-production
- PMP Certified or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, automotive standards are a plus (e.g. ISO26262, IATF)
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.