Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) Ireland, Blanchardstown Dublin 15, are looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineering Technician I to join our Manufacturing Engineering Department. This role will involve:
- Perform preventative maintenance, calibration, and repair of manufacturing equipment and other specialty support equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Provide equipment and process support (including machine maintenance) to assembly lines.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Demonstrated Hands-on experience in the required process.
- Advanced Knowledge in the area that is being assigned.
- Relentless in exploring new and latest methods in improving assembly techniques.
- Lead Process and Equipment Evaluation aligned to the needs of Site as assigned by the ME Manager.
- Knowledge in Basic Statistics and knowledge of carrying out a DOE is a plus.
- Understanding of DFM/A, FMEA and IPC requirements.
- Able to write technical reports for the Site.
- Other ad hoc duties may be assigned.
- Computer literate with intermediate / Advanced MS Office skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Minimum Leaving Certificate required or equivalent. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- Attained or pursuing an NFQ Higher Certificate (Level 6) in either Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical / Electronic, Aircraft Systems, Process Technology, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Maths, or completed a Trades Apprenticeship. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- 1-3 years’ experience working as a Machine Operator or a similar role is required.
- Minimum Operator II level.
- Diploma/Ord Bachelors/Higher Certificate (Level 7) BS/BA degree in Manufacturing Technology / Mechanical Engineering / Electronical / Electronics / Mechatronics
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.